Reno, NV (January 31, 2014) – Dr. Andrew Pasternak, owner of Silver Sage Center for Family Practice and Silver Sage Sports Performance, has been selected as the Northern Nevada “Family Physician of the Year” for 2013 by the Nevada Academy of Family Physicians.
The Nevada Academy of Family Physicians considers the Family Physician of the Year based on the following criteria:
- Provides his/her patients with compassionate, comprehensive and caring family medicine on a continuing basis;
- Is directly and effectively involved in community affairs and activities that enhance the quality of his/her community;
- Family physician is a credible role model professionally and personally to his/her community, to other health professionals and residents and medical students;
- Family physician can effectively represent the specialty of family medicine and the AAFP in public speaking;
- Family physician is in good standing in his/her medical community;
“It’s an incredible honor to be selected as the Family Physician of the year by the NAFP,” said Dr. Pasternak. “Any award is always special, but to receive an award from your colleagues is quite humbling. I’d like think this really reflects the overall care our patients get at Silver Sage Center for Family Medicine from all of our physicians and staff.”
Dr. Pasternak founded Silver Sage in 2005. He is board certified by the American Board of Family Physicians. He is also an assistant clinical professor at the University of Nevada School of Medicine and serves on the board of directors for the Washoe County Medical Society, Access to Healthcare and the Nevada State Health Information Exchange.
The mission of this organization is to promote excellence in health care and the betterment of the health of the citizens of the state of Nevada. For more information, visit http://www.nvafp.com.
About Silver Sage Center
Silver Sage Center is committed to providing high quality health care for the entire family. They treat the entire spectrum of medical conditions, ranging from simple ear and sinus infections to more complex problems like heart disease and cancer. For more information, visit http://www.silversagecenter.com.