Patient Portal Policy and Procedures
DO NOT use Portal to communicate if there is an emergency.
Proper subject matter:
- Prescriptions refills, medical questions, lab results, appointment reminders, routine follow- up questions, etc.
- Sensitive subject matter (HIV, Hepatitis panels etc) are not permitted
- We do not refill class 2 drugs on this site. You can request a refill but MUST come in to pick up the prescription.
- Please be concise when typing a message.
Current functionality of Patient Portal:
- Email and secure messaging for non-urgent needs.
- Refill request
- Viewing of lab results that have been sent to you.
- Viewing and printing of continuity of health record.
- Viewing and updating of health information.
- Viewing of selected health information (allergies, medications, current problems, past medical history). * Note- You can make changes/additions to your health records, medication list, etc. but this will not change your permanent record without our review of the information.
- Referral requests
- Appointment request
- Billing questions
- Updating you demographic information (address, phone # etc) and updating insurance information.
All communication via portal will be included in you chart.
- All messages sent to you will be encrypted.
- Emails from you to the staff should be through this portal or they are not secure.
- We will keep all email lists confidential and will not share this with other parties.
- Any member of our staff may read your messages or reply in order to help the Physician that has been e-mailed. This is similar to how a phone message is handled.
- Our system will check when messages are viewed, so you do not need to reply that you have read it.
- After you agree to the Policy and Procedures and sign the Consent form, we will attempt to sent a “welcome message” emailed to you. This will provide a link to the portal log in screen.
- We will normally respond to non-urgent email inquires within 24 hours but no later than 3 days after receipt.
- If we are unable to access email for any reason we will attempt to call you if we have current information in you demographic. *Policies and procedure may change without notice.
Patient and Family Request for Patient PortalI hereby request access to the gotomyclinic.com/sscfm/ maintained by Silver Sage Center for the patient named below. I understand that Silver Sage Center takes seriously its responsibility to safeguard the privacy of its patients and protect the confidentiality of their protected health information. Therefore, I will only access gotomyclinic.com/sscfm/ in a matter consistent with these terms.I will keep safe the sign-on and password that I am assigned and will not share my log-in information with anyone else. I agree that Silver Sage Center will not be liable for any disclosure of information due to unauthorized use of my sign-on and password. If I feel my sign on and password combination has been compromised, I will contact Silver Sage Center immediately or go to the portal and request a new password.
I understand that gotomyclinic.com will only allow me to view my records for the patient. If I accidently gain access to another patient’s information, I will cease to view it and notify Silver Sage Center immediately. In no event will I deliberately attempt to access information for any person other than myself.I represent to Silver Sage Center that I am a personal representative of the Patient with the right to access the Patient’s health information, or that the patient has expressly authorized me to have access. If my status as personal representative changes so that I no longer have such rights, or if the Patients authorization expires or is revoked, I will immediately cease using gotomyclinic.com/sscsfm/ to access the Patient’s information and will notify Silver Sage Center.