Patient Portal Policy and Procedures
DO NOT use Portal to communicate if there is an emergency.
Proper subject matter:
- Prescriptions refills, medical questions, lab results, appointment reminders, routine follow- up questions, etc.
- Sensitive subject matter (HIV, Hepatitis panels etc) are not permitted
- We do not refill class 2 drugs on this site. You can request a refill but MUST come in to pick up the prescription.
- Please be concise when typing a message.
Current functionality of Patient Portal:
- Email and secure messaging for non-urgent needs.
- Refill request
- Viewing of lab results that have been sent to you.
- Viewing and printing of continuity of health record.
- Viewing and updating of health information.
- Viewing of selected health information (allergies, medications, current problems, past medical history). * Note- You can make changes/additions to your health records, medication list, etc. but this will not change your permanent record without our review of the information.
- Referral requests
- Appointment request
- Billing questions
- Updating you demographic information (address, phone # etc) and updating insurance information.
All communication via portal will be included in you chart.
- All messages sent to you will be encrypted.
- Emails from you to the staff should be through this portal or they are not secure.
- We will keep all email lists confidential and will not share this with other parties.
- Any member of our staff may read your messages or reply in order to help the Physician that has been e-mailed. This is similar to how a phone message is handled.
- Our system will check when messages are viewed, so you do not need to reply that you have read it.
- After you agree to the Policy and Procedures and sign the Consent form, we will attempt to sent a “welcome message” emailed to you. This will provide a link to the portal log in screen.
- We will normally respond to non-urgent email inquires within 24 hours but no later than 3 days after receipt.
- If we are unable to access email for any reason we will attempt to call you if we have current information in you demographic. *Policies and procedure may change without notice.